Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fixing a Broken Rate Switch

   Today I did something amazing, I avoided paying about forty dollars by fixing my Dx5e myself. What happened was I dropped my transmitter, my neck strap came undone and I caught it but hit something and broke off the rates switch. I called Horizon Hobby and I spent forever on hold, I found out that just to ship my radio cost about $7.99 plus you need a box, bubble wrap, and insurance. Then they charge $30 an hour with a minimum payment of half hour, $15.
   In the past I invested in a soldering iron, solder and helping hands in hopes to build a robot. I still don't have the best solution for a robot but I really like RC and I am learning a lot from it. I opened up the transmitter, clipped out the broken switch (take out the switch with pliers) and went to Radio shack and bought a new one. Solder it in and you're done!
   I would like to thank Dave Herbert the Night Flyyer for showing how to do this. For those who don't know how to solder keep an eye on my youtube channel. Have fun flying!
                                                                                       -SwashbladeRC

No comments:

Post a Comment